Thursday, July 9, 2009

Summary of Block 2 (Part 2)




Week 11 was really brilliant for me. We were at Sabie River Sun near the Kruger Park with family and I was studying whilst listening to the sound of hippos grunting and playing in the river right outside our chalet.

Week 11 was all around debates in e-learning, structured around the 'iron triangle' of accessibility, quality and cost. We looked at a very interesting Economist debate concerning whether or not technology adds to the quality of most education. We dealt with many issues close to my heart (like the digital divide) and when I returned I was posting away like crazy in the forums! As a quality professional, I thought the section on quality did not do justice to the entire debate. We only considered measures of end results such as student pass rates, and not the e-learning production process, or quality from different stakeholder points of view. However the week was great and I really enjoyed it (hippos and crocs did help of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment