Wednesday, April 22, 2009

A Big Day

Well it's the SA General Elections and UK Budget Day! Must admit I haven't looked at the news today but not sure which of these two is the most scary. Perhaps even scarier is not getting very far with Week 10 even though it's all looking such fun.....I have had major time consuming problems with Delicious and we are going to try re-installing my IE.

Isn't a major aspect of learner experience (about which we have to write for TMA02) surely the time pressure in trying to complete activities in the required timescale in amongst all one's other commitments? It seems a major pre-occupation of most H800'ers. Although having just read John's latest blog post, it seems he keeps up admirably by slotting things in short timeslots every day - how do you do that John?!! You must have a knack built up from many of years of OU-ing. I still feel on the starting blocks especially when things go wrong as they have done for me this week with Delicious.

Also such a big day as it's Earth Day and the very last day that my son is in single figures - 10 tomorrow. When they grow up you have to mourn their previous stages don't you.....

Off now for long weekend in South Africa. Will be back next week.

1 comment:

  1. What I wouldn't give for a week in South Africa. I find it impossible to get as far as the pub for a drink these days. The thing I find hard on H800 is getting the time online. I can easily cover the reading and the forum interaction through the commuting time and various times at work. but it's finding the time to explore. Week 10 is a good example - the OU Library and Researching skills (which I'm really interested in) need time. It's got to the stage where I'm bartering with my wife at the weekend - I'll change 4 nappies if you give me an hour "reading time", that kind of thing..ha ha. Hey, nobody said it was going to be easy!

    ReplyDelete